Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy New Year, Julie

Today I read the book called "Happy New Year, Julie". The author who wrote the book is Meagan McDonald. The book is about Julie and her family and Ivy celebrating Chinese New Year. Julie is the girl with blond hair. Ivy is the girl with black hair. They are good friends. Julie has a sister named Tracy, and Tracy is older than Julie.

Megan McDonald's first story was about a pencil sharpener! Megan liked to write when she was ten. She writes the Joody Moody books in California and some other books for children. She remembers growing up in 1970s. Megan grew up in a place with lots of books. Her home is close to San Francisco.

I feel like I'm inside the book when I read it. Also it's like the chapter book is so short. I can just zoom through the book. I feel like I read a baby book. I feel like I live right next to Julie. And like "this is my first thin chapter book". Also like Julie is right inside my head.

As an American born Chinese, I can understand some Chinese words. I will read more about American Girls. I think I'll read about Kit. She is another American Girl character. My mom said she is going to buy another book or box set of those kind of books. Also probably we'll get them at the library. There's a page of all the American Girls books in this book. So I know their names.

No comments: