Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ice Skating

I always go ice skating on Saturdays. Ice skating is when you skate on ice. You use different skates to ice skate. When you are a beginner, ice skating is hard. I am a beginner. It only took two classes and now I'm good at ice skating.

On 1/5/08 was my first class. I was a fast learner. At first I fell a lot of times. I don't know how many times I fell. My teacher told me how to balance and skate. First, put on knee out and bend it. Then put the leg that is behind you in front of you. That's all. And you have to keep doing that. Then we ate lunch. After lunch I practiced skating. I got a lot better. I was a little good at ice skating.

1/12/08 I went to ice skating again. This time I did wiggles and I did diamonds with my feet. I turned my feet and I made Vs. By wiggles I presses on my toes and I stayed in the same spot and I went from side to side. Then I ate lunch. After lunch I practiced again. This time I went much faster.

When you're a beginner, it's not very hard to skate. You can only skate forward though. I still want to learn some tricks. Also I need to learn how to skate backward. And to spin around. Also I want to learn how to not fall.

No comments: