Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Book Review - Magic Tree House, Day of the Dragon King

Today I am going to write about the Magic Tree House #14, Day of the Dragon King. Mary Pope Osborn wrote the book. The book was published in 1998. There are 68 pages in the book. The book is about Jack and Annie in China. They have to find a lost book.

At the beginning, Jack and Annie find the tree house. They saw Morgan in the tree house. Later, the magic tree house took them to China. In China they gave the silk weaver a message. The message is about meeting a man at twilight. Later again, they go to the Imperial Library. They see all the book being burned. They find a stack of waiting books and find the book they were looking for.

My favorite part is when Jack and Annie found the book they needed. It's my favorite part because they were just in time to get the book before it was burn. Also I like it when Jack and Annie got the silk ball. It's my other favorite part because I almost can feel the silk ball. It is like I'm right in the story but I don't see things around me. The silk ball was yellow. It is made out of the silkworm cocoons.

I have lots of Magic Tree House books at home. But I don't have all of the books because new books keep coming out. I only have to get a few more books. The book has some old Chinese history parts. The book is not only fun, it alos helps you learn. You can learn a lot from the book about old China. I think most of the kids will like reading Magic Tree House. The Magic Tree House books have a lot of information about many places. Kids will know a lot from reading the books. Their parents will be happy for them.

No comments: