Thursday, March 27, 2008

Book Review - Ramona and her Mother

3/5/08

Today I'm going to write about "Ramona and her Mother". Beverly Cleary wrote the book. There are 219 pages. The book is about Ramona's mom and dad had a fight. And about Ramona with her mother lots of times of course. But it's about talking with her mother.

In the beginning, Ramona's family had a party. It is for a New Year's Day. Ramona's mother said, "Ramona give the present you made." Ramona gave the box of tissue to Willa Jean. Willa Jean pulled out the whole box of tissues. Ramona's mother told Ramona to pick up all the tissues after everyone leaves. Later, Beezus cut her hair in a beauty shop. She didn't like her haircut. Later on, Ramona wears her pajamas to the nurse. Ramona didn't tell her mother about that she left her pajamas at school in a paper bag. She had to wear her tight pajamas. At the end, Ramona finally gets to ride the school bus. Ramona waited all summer to ride the bus, and she finally got to. Her mother said "YES!"

I don't have a favorite part. But this is a part I like. I like it when Willa Jean pulled out the whole box of tissues. And when Beevus gets her hair cut. Also when Ramona gets her hair cut. I don't think I like any other parts.

Ramona is with her mother all the time. She always talks with her mother. I think kids 6+ are to read these books. The book only talks about Ramona and her mother. One thing I don't like is when Ramona plans to go away. Her mother made the suitcase too heavy on purpose. So Ramona won't leave. She wanted Ramona to stay.

No comments: