Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkins Patch - October 18

Butler's Orchard is 15 minutes away from my school. People come to pick strawberries, pumpkins and blueberries along the year. The park has a hayride through a small forest. The forest is now decorated with wooden ghosts, a board with eyes on it and scare crews for Halloween Season. Butler's Orchard also has slides, a tractor and a petting zoo. In the petting zoo there are pigs and chickens.

The hayride has a wagon full of hay and it has a little car in the front. The hayride goes through the small forest. I saw two ghosts. The hayride waiting line was long because there were a lot of people came to have field trips from different schools. The hayride was a long ride. In the forest the ghosts looked like they were floating because the strings to hang them were clear. At the end of the forest, we saw eyes on a black card board. There were so many eyes on the board. The hayride led to the pumpkins on the field.

When the wagon stopped, everyone stood up. The driver opened up the ladder to get us down. When it was my turn, I was scared to go. But I went down with help. At the bottom of the ladder, I jumped off. The blue team started picking pumpkins first. I was in the blue team. I got a heavy pumpkin. The teachers got a little wagon for our pumpkins because we all picked up the big pumpkins and they were so heavy. Then we had lunch. Everyone brought brown bag lunch from home because Butler's Orchard doesn't sell lunch.

After lunch the blue team played on the big slides. I went on the tunnel slide. I went on it a few times because I really like the ride. Then I petted a pig at the petting zoo. I saw a big green tractor, so I went in the tractor to play. The tractor had a slide inside. I went in the front seat. Then everyone got free apples. Those apples were small but red.

I wish I could go there again someday. If I do, I will player longer and Kathy will come too. I will get another pumpkin to bring home. I will ride the hayride and go through the maze again.

No comments: